UltraReach Insurance Plan
Carry out the ideal future life
BOC Group Life Assurance Company Limited (“BOC Life”) offers UltraReach Insurance Plan (“the Plan”) which is a medium-long term life insurance plan. By paying 3 years'1 premiums, you are well protected by the Plan for 18 years. And upon policy maturity, you may opt to receive the maturity benefit2 in the form of annuity payment3 for a peaceful life in future.
Apart from the Guaranteed Cash Value, Annual Dividend4 (if any) is also available to the Plan. You may choose to cash out the Annual Dividend4 (if any) anytime or leave them with BOC Life for interest accumulation. In addition, Terminal Dividend4 (if any) may be payable from the 5th Policy Anniversary upon the death of the Insured or surrender of the policy; or upon policy maturity.
Upon policy maturity, you may opt to receive the maturity benefit2 in the form of annuity payment3 where the annuity will be paid for 20 years, helping you to achieve financial goal with ease.
The Plan offers 18 years’ life protection. In case the Insured passes away while the policy is in force, the Plan will provide the Death Benefit5.
No medical examination
No medical examination is required, which is convenient and time saving.
Basic Eligibility Requirement
||Age 0 (starting from 15 days after birth) to age 70
|Premium Payment Period1,6
||3 years (level premium)
||RMB / HKD / USD
||RMB 37,500 / HKD 45,000 / USD 5,625
|Premium Payment Mode
Grasp this opportunity! Act Now
The Policy Owner is subject to the credit risk of BOC Life. If the Policy Owner discontinues and / or surrenders the insurance plan in the early policy years, the amount of the benefit he / she will get back may be considerably less than the amount of the premium he / she has paid. Past, current, projected and / or potential benefits and / or returns (e.g. bonuses, dividends, interests) presented herein are not guaranteed and are for illustrative purposes only. The actual future amounts of benefits and / or returns may be lower than or higher than the currently quoted benefits and / or returns.
Investment Strategy, Philosophy in Deciding Dividends and Fulfilment Ratio of Dividends:
Under normal circumstances, the major markets invested by BOC Life include, but not limited to, North America, Europe and Asia markets. The assets supporting the policies under the Plan mainly consist of the following:
|Fixed income instrument or interest-bearing securities
(including but not limited to government and corporate bonds, etc.)
|65% - 85%
|Growth asset (including but not limited to equity investment, mutual funds, properties investment, etc.)
||15% - 35%
With the aim of achieving our long term investment target, BOC Life, at our sole discretion, reserves the right to adjust the aforementioned asset allocation when there are material changes in market outlook and condition, or engage in other financial arrangements including but not limited to reinsurance arrangement. BOC Life aims at investing in assets denominated in policy's currency. If the currency of which the assets are denominated is not the same as policy currency, BOC Life may use derivatives to manage the impact of currency risk.
For the latest Investment Strategy, please refer to BOC Life website www.boclife.com.hk
Philosophy in Deciding Dividends:
Participating insurance plans provide policy owners an opportunity to receive a share of profits attributable to the participating life insurance business of BOC Life by means of dividends, with the potential prospect of long-term rates of return. To accomplish the purpose, we invest in a wide range of asset portfolios that are prudently chosen by BOC Life to balance the risk. In general, the asset portfolios mainly consist of fixed income securities and equity investments.
The actual amount of dividends is determined by the stipulated surplus sharing approach in BOC Life's policy, which is based on the past experience of BOC Life and the long-term expectation of the participating life insurance business in the future. Dividends amount mainly depends on the overall performance of the participating life insurance business of BOC Life, taking into account factors including investment returns, claim experience, persistency and operating expense. The actual amount of dividends payable is recommended by our Appointed Actuary according to the aforementioned company's policy and approved by the Board of Directors of BOC Life.
Annual dividends paid can be left with BOC Life and accumulate with interest. The interest rate (Dividends Accumulation Rate) is determined based on market conditions and expected investment return of BOC Life.
In light of the above factors, dividends and Dividend Accumulation Rate are not guaranteed and may be higher or lower than the values illustrated in the benefit illustration provided at point of sale.
You may browse the following website, www.boclife.com.hk/ps, to understand BOC Life's philosophy in deciding dividends as well as dividend history for reference purposes. Please note that past performance of dividend is not an indicator for its future performance.
Risk Disclosure of RMB and USD Insurance:
RMB and USD policies are subject to exchange rate risk. The exchange rate between RMB and HKD or USD and HKD may rise as well as fall. Therefore, if calculated in HKD, premiums, fees and charges (if applicable), account value / surrender value and other benefits payable under RMB or USD policy will vary with the exchange rate. The exchange rate between RMB and HKD or USD and HKD will be the market-based prevailing exchange rate determined by BOC Life from time to time, which may not be the same as the spot rate of banks. The fluctuation in exchange rate may result in losses if a customer chooses to pay premiums in HKD, or requests the insurer to pay the account value / surrender value or other benefits payable in HKD, for RMB or USD policy. RMB Conversion Limitation Risk - RMB Insurance are subject to exchange rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer converts RMB into HKD or other foreign currencies. (Only applicable to Individual Customers) RMB is currently not fully freely convertible. Individual customers can be offered CNH rate to conduct conversion of RMB through bank accounts and may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, for which it is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment. Customers should consider and understand the possible impact on their liquidity of RMB funds in advance. (Only applicable to Corporate Customers) RMB is currently not fully freely convertible. Corporate customers that intend to conduct conversion of RMB through banks may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, for which it is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment. Customers should consider and understand the possible impact on their liquidity of RMB funds in advance.
Other Key Risks：
- The Policy Owner should pay premium on time during the premium payment term. It may result in lapse or termination of the policy if the required amount (such as premium) is not made before expiry of the grace period (if applicable) as prescribed by BOC Life. Nevertheless, it is subject to the automatic premium loan (if applicable) (BOC Life will advance the premium due from the non-forfeiture value as an automatic premium loan) and non-forfeiture provisions (if applicable). If the policy is terminated or lapsed due to non-payment of premium, the surrender value received by the Policy Owner may be less than the total premiums paid and the Policy Owner will lose the insurance protection provided by the policy.
- BOC Life may terminate the policy before the maturity date if any one of the following events occurs:
(i) the death of the Insured; or
(ii) BOC Life approves the Policy Owner’s written request for surrender; or
(iii) the policy lapses after the end of the grace period; or
(iv) the non-forfeiture value is less than zero (if applicable); or
(v) the aggregate amount paid or payable by BOC Life has reached the maximum benefit amount of all coverage of the policy(if applicable).
- The actual rate of inflation may be higher than expected, therefore the amount you receive may be less in real terms.
- The policy will be terminated if the Policy Owner cannot pay the premium payable before the end of the grace period during the premium payment period. Nevertheless, it is subject to the automatic premium loan (BOC Life will advance the premium due from the non-forfeiture value as an automatic premium loan) and non-forfeiture provisions. For details of the provisions, please refer to the policy documents and provisions issued by BOC Life. If the policy is terminated or surrendered, the policy value received by the Policy Owner may be less than the total premiums paid.
- Maturity benefit is the Total Cash Value as at the maturity date (that is the sum of Guaranteed Cash Value, accumulated Annual Dividend (if any) and interest accrued (if any), and also Terminal Dividend (if any)) less all indebtedness (if any). Indebtedness shall include but not limited to all outstanding policy loans that have been taken by the Policy Owner and interest accrued (if any). Whilst the policy is in force, the Policy Owner can apply for a policy loan against part of the Guaranteed Cash Value of the policy subject to the policy loan provision. Upon the termination of policy, if all the outstanding policy loans and interest accrued (if any) have not been settled in full, such remaining outstanding amount will be deducted from the Total Cash Value thereupon. Once the Policy Owner is unable to repay the policy loan and interest accrued (if any) causing the total amount of indebtedness equals to or exceeding Guaranteed Cash Value, the policy will lapse, and the life protection will be terminated without providing any surrender value, and the Policy Owner may sustain a substantial loss. For details, please refer to the policy provisions issued by BOC Life.
- Policy Owner who opts for receiving the maturity benefit in the form of annuity payment must apply within 30 days from the maturity date. The maturity benefit will be paid for 20 years in the form of annuity payment. The annuity payment amount will be calculated and determined by the maturity benefit and the non-guaranteed interest rate. The maturity benefit amount less the annuity payments paid will be accrued at a non-guaranteed accumulation interest rate declared by BOC Life from time to time. The accumulation interest rate may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative for future performance. The actual amount received maybe higher or lower than the estimated amount. BOC Life reserves the right to change it from time to time. Annuity option is subject to BOC Life's prevailing terms and conditions on the day the application is accepted.
- The Plan is a participating policy. Nevertheless, Annual Dividend (if any) and the accumulation interest rate and Terminal Dividend (if any) are not guaranteed and may be changed from time to time. Past performance is not indicative for future performance. The actual amount received maybe higher or lower than the estimated amount. BOC Life reserves the right to change it from time to time. If the Policy Owner chooses to withdraw the Annual Dividend (if any) and/or interest accrued (if any), the Annual Dividend (if any) and/or interest accrued (if any) withdrawn will no longer be accumulated as part of the Total Cash Value and the Total Death Benefit of the policy, the Total Cash Value and the Total Death Benefit of the policy will be reduced accordingly. Annual Dividend (if any) accruing on the 1st Policy Anniversary shall be credited after the 2nd policy year's premium has been paid in full. Terminal Dividend (if any) may be payable from the 5th Policy Anniversary upon the death of the Insured or surrender of the policy; or upon policy maturity. For details, please contact the branch staff of the major insurance agent banks.
- The Death Benefit of the Plan is equivalent to the sum of the Guaranteed Cash Value or the Total Premium Paid, whichever is higher, (I)HKD10,880 if all policies are denominated in HKD; or (II)USD1,360 if all policies are denominated in USD; or (III)RMB8,500 if all policies are denominated in RMB; or (IV)the highest of HKD10,880 or USD1,360 or RMB8,500 (if the Insured is covered by policies denominated in a combination of HKD, and/or USD and/or RMB, then adopting the highest of the stated amount from the denominated currency of the relevant policies), accumulated Annual Dividend (if any) and interest accrued (if any) and Terminal Dividend (if any), as at the date of death of the Insured under all relevant policies; less all indebtedness (if any) and outstanding premiums (if any) under all relevant policies. "Total Premium Paid" means the total premiums paid for the Basic Plan up to the date of death of the Insured. Any Premium Deposit Account balance shall be excluded. Besides, premium discount (if any) will not be taken into account when calculating the Death Benefit.
- Pre-payment of premium is allowed in the Plan. i) Pre-payment must be made in lump sum upon application whereas further pre-payment of premium will not be accepted thereafter. ii) Annual premiums will be deducted automatically from the Premium Deposit Account on each Policy Anniversary when due. The Premium Deposit Account balance should be sufficient to pay the entire amount of annual premiums of the policy, and cannot be used for partial settlement of annual premiums. iii) Accumulation interest rates of the Premium Deposit Account for RMB, HKD and USD policies are not the same, and these interest rates are non-guaranteed. BOC Life may change the accumulation interest rates from time to time. Therefore, the Premium Deposit Account balance is not guaranteed to be sufficient to cover all premiums for the whole premium payment period. When the Premium Deposit Account balance is insufficient to pay the annual premium payable, BOC Life will issue a premium notice to customer, and interest will not be accrued on the residual value. iv) In the event of the Insured’s death, the Premium Deposit Account balance (if any) together with Death Benefit will be payable to the Beneficiary. v) In the event of partial or full withdrawal of Premium Deposit Account balance or surrender of the policy, a Premium Deposit Withdrawal Fee will be deducted from the amount withdrawn from the Premium Deposit Account balance (if any). The current premium deposit withdrawal fee is equivalent to 3.5% of the withdrawal amount or RMB350 (RMB policy) / HKD350 (HKD policy) / USD45 (USD policy) (whichever is higher). BOC Life may change the calculation of Premium Deposit Withdrawal Fee and the minimum requirement of the premium deposit withdrawal amount from time to time. vi) For details, please refer to the proposal, policy documents and provisions issued by BOC Life.
- The Plan is underwritten by BOC Life. Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited ("BOCHK"), Nanyang Commercial Bank, Limited ("NCB") and Chiyu Banking Corporation Limited ("Chiyu Bank") are the major insurance agent banks appointed by BOC Life.
- BOC Life is authorised and regulated by Insurance Authority to carry on long term business in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- BOC Life reserves the right to decide at its sole discretion to accept or decline any application for the Plan according to the information provided by the proposed Insured and the applicant at the time of application.
- The Plan is subject to the formal policy documents and provisions issued by BOC Life. Please refer to the relevant policy documents and provisions for details of the Insured items and coverage, provisions and exclusions.
- BOCHK, NCB and Chiyu Bank are the appointed agents of BOC Life for distribution of life insurance products. The life insurance product is a product of BOC Life but not BOCHK, NCB and Chiyu Bank.
- In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between BOCHK, NCB or Chiyu Bank and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, BOCHK, NCB or Chiyu Bank is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the insurance product should be resolved between directly BOC Life and the customer.
Should there be any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of this promotion material, the English version shall prevail.
This promotion material is for reference only and is intended to be distributed in Hong Kong only. It shall not be construed as an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer or recommendation to purchase or sale or provision of any products of BOC Life outside Hong Kong. Please refer to the policy documents and provisions issued by BOC Life for details (including detailed terms, conditions, exclusions, policy costs and fees) of the Plan. For enquiry, please contact the branch staff of the major insurance agent banks.